Spring is the time of year when we start thinking about fun things to do outside. Whether it’s going on walks in nature, plopping down in a park to read a book, or simply planning out our weekend and making reservations at some of our favorite restaurants, there’s always something new and exciting to experience! Here are some fun things to do this spring that you probably haven’t thought of yet!
Canmore, Canada – Places to Visit
Canmore, Alberta is a beautiful town located in the Rocky Mountains. The town has a lot of outdoor activities that visitors can enjoy, like hiking, biking, skiing, and kayaking. There are also many shops and restaurants in the town that offer interesting things to do. Here are some fun things to do in Canmore:
- Visit the Bow Valley Museum: This museum has exhibits about the natural history of the area. It is open from May to October and admission is free.
- Walk around Lake Canmore: This lake is perfect for swimming, boating, and fishing. There are also several restaurants and bars near the lake that offer impressive views of it.
- Attend a performance at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity: This center has a variety of concerts and performances that visitors can attend. Some of these performances include Broadway shows and rock bands.
- Take a tour of Canmore’s ski resorts: Some of these ski resorts include Sunshine Village, Mount Norquay Alta., Silver Star Resort, Canmore Nordic Centre, and Fairview Chalet Resort. These resorts offer different levels of skiing experiences for visitors to choose from.
- Go snowmobiling: This is a great activity to do if you’re looking for something fun and adventurous to do. There are several places to snowmobile in the area, including Canmore Nordic Centre, Silver Star Resort, and Bow Valley Ski Area.
Whether they’re looking for outdoor activities, dining experiences or simply some fun things to do in Canmore, here are a few more ideas:
- The Banff Springs Hotel offers visitors an opportunity to explore the hotel’s architecture and gardens.
- The Trout River can be explored for whitewater rafting or hiking, and the surrounding area is home to numerous ski resorts, including Norquay, Sunshine Village and Black Diamond.
- For a more leisurely experience, the Canmore Golf Club offers 18 holes of championship golfing. And for those who want to stay closer to town, there are plenty of options for dining and nightlife.
- For a more special experience, Canmore is also home to the world’s second-largest glass blowing workshop, as well as the world’s largest collection of Canadian Rockies antiques.
Have a Picnic
Pack a picnic basket and head to a nearby park or nature preserve for a fun day outdoors. Bring your favorite snacks and drinks, and enjoy the sunshine and company! If you’re feeling creative, whip up a picnic lunch using ingredients from your garden or farmer’s market.
Go for a Walk
The best time to go for a walk is early in the morning or late at night. During the day, you may be too busy and rushed. Taking a walk at night can help you clear your head and relax. There are many places to go for a walk in your area, so find one that is close to where you live.
Some of the best places to go for a walk are around parks, lakes, and rivers. If you’re in the city, check out the streets near your home or work. You can also take a walk on the beach if there’s one close by. Whatever the location, make sure to bring a map and compass so you can find your way back if you get lost.
Have a Pool Party
If you’re looking for a fun summer activity, hosting a pool party is a great way to get everyone in the mood. Not only will everyone have a blast, but you’ll also save money by not having to buy pool supplies separately. Here are some ideas for fun pool party activities:
– Set up a pirate ship pool area with life preservers and treasure chests for guests to search.
– Have games like water balloon toss and Jenga in the pool area.
– Provide cups and snacks, and have drinks available for purchase from a concession stand.
– Host a trivia contest or beauty contest in the pool area.
– Set up a wet bar with mixers and sodas for guests to enjoy.
Go on a Road Trip
If you’re looking for a fun way to spend a weekend, consider going on a road trip. Whether you aim to explore new parts of your state or country, or just take in some amazing scenery, a road trip is a great way to spend some quality time with friends or family. Here are some fun things to do on a road trip:
– Take in a beautiful natural landmark: Head out for a hike at one of your favorite spots in the woods, or take in a scenic view from the top of a mountain.
– Stop for lunch at an interesting place: If you’re lucky enough to live near an amazing food town or city, make sure to stop by for lunch. Check out the restaurants and eat something unique – you won’t regret it!
– Visit an old abandoned town: If you’re up for an adventure, head to an old abandoned town. There’s something eerie and fascinating about these places, and you’ll definitely have fun exploring them.
– Pack your bags and hit the open road: Whether you drive or take Amtrak, there’s nothing like hitting the open road and seeing new places. This is especially great if you have friends or family who can join you along the way.