A couple of weeks ago I went to Chicago for business and was blown away by the sheer number of burgers I saw on menus. There were a lot of them, and since I’m a big fan of burgers, I decided to find out if there were any hidden gems in the city. I started by consulting my trusty Yelp app, which has been providing me with my favorite places to eat for years. After downloading the app, which is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android, I started looking at the Yelp pages for any burger restaurants that had at least 100 reviews.
Summertime here in NYC means more than just a trend – it means massive crowds of costumed tourists, great food and drink specials, and minor riots in the streets. I’m taking advantage of the warmer weather this month and taking a vacation from my normal routine of commuting and studying to do some work on my business. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about the best places to eat in the world. It’s probably not a surprise to you that I’m a burger guy.
Carnival Cruise Line collaborated with famous chef and TV personality Guy Fieri to develop a one-of-a-kind burger restaurant at sea in 2011. Guy’s Burger Joint is now a fan-favorite counter-service restaurant that can be found on every Carnival ship.
The venue is situated on the lido deck poolside on all ships save the Mardi Gras, near to the numerous loungers spread out across the deck. On Mardi Gras, the expanded Guy’s Burger Joint area can be located between the RedFrog Tiki Bar and the Club O2 teen club, one level up from the lido deck.
On Carnival Breeze, there’s a burger restaurant called Guy’s Burger Joint.
At lunchtime and throughout the afternoon, Carnival ship guests may enjoy Guy’s burgers. The restaurant is also open for brunch during Mardi Gras.
Lunch Menu at Guy’s Burger Joint
- Plain Jane – An 80/20 beef burger with or without S.M.C. (super melty cheese) that you customize at the toppings bar.
- Guy’s trademark whiskey and brown sugar BBQ sauce, an onion ring, and an 80/20 beef patty topped with ultra melty cheese, Guy’s distinctive bourbon and brown sugar BBQ sauce, and an onion ring.
- Guy’s Donkey Sauce, plenty of cheese, chili, an onion ring, and Chilius Maximus (a sweet mayo based sauce)
- If you like bacon, this is the patty for you! A burger with S.M.C. on top, as well as another patty made entirely of bacon.
- Straight Up – S.M.C., lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle, with Guy’s Donkey Sauce on top.
A toppings bar, which includes sautéed onions, mushrooms, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and a selection of sweet, savory, and spicy sauces, is available alongside the burgers.
Guy’s Burger Joint offers fresh, hand-cut french fries topped with Guy’s Signature Seasoning with each burger.
Breakfast Menu at Guy’s Burger Joint
Guy’s Burger Joint is also offering breakfast on Mardi Gras at the time of writing. The current breakfast menu is as follows:
- Plain Joe – a toasted bun with an 80/20 beef burger, two fried eggs, S.M.C. (super melty cheese), cheddar cheese, and a slathering of maple donkey sauce.
- On a buttered baguette, an 80/20 beef patty, two fried eggs, S.M.C., cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, tomato, hash brown patty, and a dollop of maple donkey sauce
- Prime Time Turkey — a French toast bread with a turkey breakfast sausage patty, maple gravy, provolone, crispy bacon, hash brown patty, and maple donkey sauce.
- Good Morning Morgan — toasted bread with roasted veggie frittata patty, tomato, hash brown patty, and a slathering of maple donkey sauce
All morning sandwiches come with home fries, which we believe are the same hand-cut fries offered at noon.
READ NEXT: MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
The first version of this essay was published in 2011, and it was revised and reprinted in 2022.
I love the idea of a burger bar, a place where you can order anything from a simple cheeseburger to the most expensive one on the menu. The problem is, most of them do not last long because they do not offer much else. The best burger bar is one that offers a wide selection of burgers, and not only have a great selection of drink choices, but also are able to serve all the burgers at once, so that the hungry customers never have to wait.. Read more about guys burger recipe and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- blue iguana carnival menu
- guy’s burger joint locations
- guy’s burger joint recipe
- carnival cruise food
- burger messiah menu