This text is sensitive. Try generating new copy.
This week, the cruise industry is celebrating the grand opening of its newest ship, the Voyager of the Seas, at a ceremony onboard the ship in New York City. The Voyager of the Seas is the first linage ship to be built by Royal Caribbean Cruises and built by Fincantieri in Italy. While the name Voyager is misleading, as it is a new ship, the hull resembles that of the Voyager, which was built by Royal Caribbean Cruises in 1986.
This is the week of July 25, 2023. We’ve put together Cruise Radio News Briefs for the week, starting with the biggest events.. Read more about carnival cruise news and let us know what you think.
Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for the Week of July 25, 2023, where you’ll find the most up-to-date cruise news, a weekly podcast, and recent YouTube videos.
1. Carnival Cruise Line celebrated the first voyage of its brand-new ship Mardi Gras, which was the first ship to sail a revenue-generating cruise from Florida’s Port Canaveral in 16 months. The ship’s captain described the departure of the ship on its seven-night voyage to San Juan, Amber Cove, and Nassau as a “emotional event.”
2. Regardless of immunization status, all passengers traveling from a U.S. port on a Royal Caribbean ship during the month of August must have a negative COVID test result. Due to an increase in cases linked to the Delta form of the COVID-19 virus, the additional requirement is being implemented “out of an excess of caution.”
3. During a handover ceremony at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Marghera, Italy, Holland America Line received delivery of its new flagship Rotterdam. This is the 11th ship in the fleet and the seventh Rotterdam-named ship in the line’s lengthy history.
(Holland America provided this photo.)
4. Viking River Trips has started river cruises in France, marking the company’s first cruise operations in Europe since the outbreak began. Viking Kari, Viking Radgrid, Viking Skaga, and Viking Fjorgyn, the line’s four new Viking Longships, are currently cruising the Seine.
5. Carnival Cruise Line’s Brand Ambassador John Heald announced big changes to two of Guy Fieri’s restaurants on-board the line’s newest ship. Specifically on Mardi Gras, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse will be complimentary, and Guy’s Burger Joint will be open for breakfast for the first time.
While we can’t promise you’ll run across Captain Giuseppe Giusa in Flavortown, meals will be free for a short period when Mardi Gras arrives.
Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas is Featured Article
Carnival Cruise Line’s new Loft 19 area aboard the new Mardi Gras is a brand-new idea. Learn more about the new area, who gets access, and how much one of the private cabanas costs here.
This Week’s Podcast: A Retired Executive Restarts the Cruise Industry + News
In this week’s episode, former cruise line CEO Art Sbarsky speaks with us about the resurgence of the cruising business and the strategies cruise companies are using to generate more income.
Carnival Mardi Gras Food and Bars (Featured Video)
She’s arrived! After years of anticipation, paying passengers are finally boarding Mardi Gras to experience Carnival Cruise Line’s newest bells and whistles. From the new RedFrog Tiki Bar to Shaq’s Big Chicken, watch the video below to get a refresher on all the newest bars and eateries.
As the “roads” to travel became more crowded, cruise lines began experimenting with new ways to get passengers excited. In 2023 the industry moved to a “James Bond” format for cruises, where a “tour guide” would be featured on each ship. With this added excitement came more details, like a “battle of the bands” night, where passengers were encouraged to attend music performances by various bands, and a “swimsuit contest” that would allow passengers to vote in the public for their favorite swimsuit look. The cruise industry also began to move to a more upscale format with mid-sized ships, and ‘twerking contests’ to entertain passengers on their ships.. Read more about cruise line news 2023 and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- cruise news online
- cruise news daily
- cruise ship news today
- cruise ship news daily
- cruise line news 2023